Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Fall Wreath

So this post is not beauty related at all, but I had a request to post how I make my wreaths. So here we go!








What you will need (all items I got at Michael's Craft store)


Grapevine Wreath
Mod Podge
Wooden letter
Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
Flowers
Spiders (optional)
Scrapbook Paper
Pencil and Scissors






 First you will need to trace out your letter on the paper. Doesnt have to be excact  you will want a little bit of over lap. Once you have it all traced out using a sponge brush paint a thin layer of Mod Podge onto the wood and lay down the paper.  Using a stiff card to move out all air bubbles and let dry. Once dry add another thin coat on to the surface and also let dry.





Arrange the Flowers in the way you want them first. Play around with them there is no right or wrong way of doing this. I Prefer to have them bunch together on the opposite side I want my letter to go.   Once you have the all figured out turn on your hot glue gun and get to gluing . Whats nice about doing it this way is they flowers will stay put but can be removed when you want to change  things ups. I have reused my grapevine wreath a few times now. 





Once again have fun with this, there is no right or wrong way.  The options are limitless, you can add ribbons or bows. My son added two Halloween spiders to ours they just have claw clips so they are just hanging on to the flowers. 






No comments:

Post a Comment